This common everyday item is often overlooked but can come in quite handy when trying to solve some common household problems. Take a look at some clever ways that rubber bands can help us tackle everyday issues.
1. Have a tight jar to open? Place a rubber band around the lid of the can to give extra grip when opening the jar.
2. Place a rubber band around an open paint can to wipe your brush on and to hold the brush in between use. This helps to keep paint off the side of the can.
3. Place rubber bands at the end of hangers to prevent clothes from sliding off.
4. Trying to remove a stripped screw? Use a rubber band between the screw driver point and the stripped screw to assist in removing it.
5. Taking a trip any time soon? Use rubber bands to hold clothes for a more compact fit.